Notice Number: NOT-OH-09-002
Release Date: January 30, 2009
National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH), (http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/homepage.html)
The purpose of this notice is to inform the research community that NIOSH is replacing the sections detailed below for announcement PAR08-070, NIOSH Career Development Grants (K01). Replacement information for Section III.1.B., regarding eligibility, required commitment of effort, and to Section IV.3.A, regarding the application submission dates follows.
Section III. Eligibility information
1. Eligible Applicants
B. Eligible Individuals
Any individual with the skills, knowledge, and resources necessary to carry out the proposed research and career development activities is invited to work with his/her mentor and sponsoring institution to develop an application for support. Individuals from underrepresented racial and ethnic groups as well as individuals with disabilities are always encouraged to apply for NIOSH programs. However, for the CDC/NIOSH K01 program, the following eligibility requirements apply to individuals who seek to become Research Scientist Career Development Award recipients (Principal Investigators).
Only U.S. citizens or non-citizen nationals, or an individual lawfully admitted for permanent residence who possesses an Alien Registration Receipt Card (I-151 or I-551), or some other verification of legal admission as a permanent resident prior to the time of award, are eligible for this award. Non-citizen nationals, although not U.S. citizens, owe permanent allegiance to the U.S. They are usually born in lands that are not states, but are under U.S. sovereignty, jurisdiction, or administration. Individuals on temporary or student visas are not eligible.
Candidates for this award must have a research or health-professional doctoral degree or its equivalent.
Candidates must identify mentor(s) with extensive and appropriate research experience for the proposed research development plan.
Candidates must be able to commit a minimum of 75% of full-time professional effort conducting research career development and research activities associated with this award. The remaining 25% effort can be divided among other research, clinical and teaching activities only if these activities are in a fashion consistent with the goals of the K01 Award, i.e., the candidate's development into an independent investigator. The candidate must have a “full time” appointment at the academic institution that is the applicant institution.
Section IV Application and Submission Information
3. Submission Dates and Times
A. Submission, Review and Anticipated Start Dates
Letter of Intent Receipt Date: Not required
Application Submission Dates: Standard dates apply. For details, please see http://grants.nih.gov/grants/funding/submissionschedule.htm.
Peer Review Date(s): See http://grants.nih.gov/grants/funding/submissionschedule.htm.
Council Review Date(s): See http://grants.nih.gov/grants/funding/submissionschedule.htm.
Earliest Anticipated Start Date: See http://grants.nih.gov/grants/funding/submissionschedule.htm.
Expiration Date/Closing Date: January 8, 2011 (Standard Closing Date)
Weekly TOC for this Announcement
NIH Funding Opportunities and Notices
Office of Extramural
National Institutes of Health (NIH)
9000 Rockville Pike
Bethesda, Maryland 20892
Department of Health
and Human Services (HHS)