|On This Page:|
Check our Avoiding Common Errors page for a helpful list to help you avoid errors and successfully submit your application.
SF424 (R&R) Application Packages with field-by-field tips to avoid common errors and ensure successful submission of your application. NOTE: these documents are supplemental resources only. When preparing an application, applicants MUST follow the instructions in their Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) and Application Guide.
- General SF424 (R&R) Form Set – C Series (PDF - 782 KB)
- Multi-project Form Set – C Series (PDF - 656 KB)
- Small Business Form Set - C Series (PDF - 2 MB)
See our Avoiding Common Errors page for even more useful tips to help ensure an error-free application.
Targeted tip Sheets and resources for specific audiences
- PI (PDF- 54 KB)
- Small Biz (PDF- 54 KB)
- International (PDF - 86 KB)
- SciENcv flyer
(PDF - 360 KB) July 29, 2014
- Commons and Grants.gov Registration Tips
(PDF - 60 KB) | April 10, 2013
Slide presentations on a variety of topics can be found on our Training page.
NIH’s eRA systems check all electronic grant applications against application guide instructions and instructions found in the funding opportunity announcements (FOAs). These system checks are called validations. When an application fails to pass a validation (i.e., is found to be non-compliant with the instructions found in the application guide and the FOA), the eRA systems generate errors and/or warnings.
The following document provides applicants and help desk staff with a comprehensive list of current eRA validations (form by form and field by field). This document is a supplemental resource only and is not intended for instructional purposes. Applicants must follow all instructions in their FOA and in the application guide.
SF 424 (R&R) Validations (PDF - 2 MB) - October 2014
- Electronic Multi-project Application Images (annotated sample) (PDF) - August 9, 2013
- Listserv: Information on relevant NIH listservs and directions on how to register for electronic submission updates
- System-to-System Resources (Validations)
- Related NIH Guide Notices
- Related Links